Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's day to my red-headed, stubborn, hardworking, sweet dad.  He taught me a lot of things growing up like how to fish, hunt, drive a stick shift, check the oil in the car, to name a few. But mostly he taught me by example.  I learned from him what "pure religion" (James 1:27) really is.  He was always the first to reach out and help others whether it was helping someone move into their home, cutting firewood, visiting the nursing homes to bring them the sacrament, or getting up at unearthly hours to go pick fruit at the church farm.  He is a great example of service.  When I was little he used to help me say my prayers at night, and I always loved listening to him sing hymns in Spanish and talk about his mission to Chile. He worked extremely hard to provide for our family, and now that I am older and beginning to start my own small family, I've come to appreciate a lot more all the sacrifices he made for us.  Love you dad!






No comments:

Post a Comment