After sitting in a food coma for awhile we walked around the mall, looked at the sculpture garden, and did some window shopping. Soon though, everything started closing. Even though it was only like 7:00. So we still had an hour or two to kill until the Brian Regan show. I wanted some chocolate ice cream, or just something chocolate in general. Really bad. Not much to ask, right? So we go to the food court to get some ice cream. CLOSED. Next we try the CVS to get a candy bar. CLOSED. Wait a second, I thought CVS was open 24 hours? Not in downtown DC. We discovered our new pet peeve out here is that everything closes so dang early! Don't worry though, the happy ending is that we found a frozen yogurt place where I satisfied my craving. Then we sat and enjoyed a hilarious hour and a half of Mr. Regan in the gorgeous Warner Theater. It was a wonderful day.
Sunday, May 27, 2012
"Take luck!"
If you don't get the title, then you don't know Brian Regan. Who we happened to see LIVE last weekend!! What a great day. We started out going to Eastern Market, one of the biggest and oldest outdoor markets in DC. I bought some peaches and we looked at all kinds of fresh fruit, veggies, meats, and everything you'd think you could find at a flea market. But the coolest thing we found was an old bookstore around the corner. There were stacks and stacks of books EVERYWHERE piled to the ceiling on every topic you could think of! It was like a perfect little wormhole for little book worms.
Next we walked to We The Pizza, a yummy pizza place I discovered with some work buddies, and we stuffed our faces with pizza and wings.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment